Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow

Completed "How Does Your Garden Grow" page.


What comes to mind is with silver bells and cockle shells....but that is from another time. My garden now is just in my mind and gets out into my artwork. I also take lots of photographs for reference too.





Detail of little poem.










What comes to mind is with silver bells and cockle shells....but that is from another time. My garden now is just in my mind and gets out into my artwork. I also take lots of photographs for reference too. This is again a prompt from Journal 52 200014. I painted a rosy pink sky, then added white for clouds and the irises. Something seemed to be missing so I added the complimentary green leaves. I could not bring myself to add more to the original composition (in progress below) so I made a color copy of the original.  I added stamping, drawing and my little verse (detail above).

Original painted composition in progress.
My intent is to complete this later.

1 comment:

  1. Your original hints of things to come with lovely shapes indicating what may develop! The copy! I like the stamping--is the cluster of sunflowers a stamp? At any rate, it works well with the design and moves my eye up toward Mother Nature, then off the page. The star flowers look to be moving, and I like the way they help define the linear qualities of the larger plants. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete