Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Traveling Time

My wings have been clipped and I have not been out and about much since having the lower back surgery in January. Journal 52 2014 has kept me in art projects. I had fun doing the travel page for week 22.
The world map in the suitcase is a maybe dream, as is taking a cruise. The map shows my current travel area.
Sailing ships or large crusing ships would be nice, but my boundries are much smaller currently. I have only been roaming from DeKalb (home town) to Lake County IL, Kenosha, Racine and Milwaukee in WI, then toward Chicago. That is what inspired this journal page. My travels had been mostly by car early in the year after surgery during the recovery period. Back to work full time May 1st took the wind out of my sails! See the Windjammer on the page? Work, home and a few days of therapy after work before getting home. Now I am doing aqua therapy in the pool at the apartment complex with a friend to "babysit" and enjoy the pool with me.


My travels had been mostly by car
1st GOTB trip north to Racine and Milwaukee
I took my first Get On the Bus Trip with the Friends of the NIU Art Museum to see the Frank Lloyd Wright newly opened tower at the Johnson Wax campus in Racine. Closed to visitors for decades we could only view the structure from the outside on a previous visit when I went on the Brut-Art GOTB trip mentioned in a previous post. This time the tower was open to visitors and we had the full tour.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/frank-lloyd-wright-designed-sc-johnson-research-tower-finally-goes-public-b99252995z1-256287561.html
TOUR info
http://www.scjohnson.com/en/company/visiting.aspx

In November my horizons will expand to visit Brown County IN on another GOTB trip. I do love to travel see the stamped hearts. This trip my body will do much better. I still tire easily and stamina is at a low ebb, but we have pain on the run!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are working hard to get better! It was fun to see your health journey in your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journaling! I look forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful journaling! I look forward to seeing more!!

    ReplyDelete