Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Moving Right Along With Sunflowers Three



Drawing-Pencil and Watercolor Pencil Study.




The 16" x 20" canvas started.




Enlargement of watercolor pencil study.



The “Sunflowers Three” title comes from the fiddlers three in the Old King Cole song I used to sing in McHenry Choral Club. I loved that song and our bases chosen to sing the parts and dress as the fiddlers three. Nice memories. These three sunflower images remind me of those guys. Wonder if they’ll make an appearance. in the work? I haven’t gotten that far yet.

I documented the working drawings which have led me to putting the image on canvas for the first stage of the painting. The watercolor pencils were so fun to use on the study I decided to try them for my under drawing/painting. Below is the beginning of the project "Sunflowers Three" with the underpainted stems.



Next stage is to underpaint the flower petals.





1 comment:

  1. I enjoy seeing the stages of the painting, Sherry. I know so little about art processes that I always learn from seeing your work and hear you talk about it. When I can't see you and your art in person, this is the next best way to learn!

    ReplyDelete