Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Reference Photos from Ellwood House

Last Sunday a group from the Kishwaukee Valley Art League gathered to do a little sketching, painting or photographing at the historic Ellwood House a National Register historic site located in DeKalb, IL. I have included 2 of my spring reference pictures of the tower and the children’s play house located on the grounds. I often use reference photos to work from when in my studio. I will be adding some current Ellwood sketches soon. On Sunday fall color was really nice, but I am afraid most of the pretty leaves were blown away in the winds Wednesday night.




Web cite http://www.ellwoodhouse.org/
A FaceBook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ellwood-House-Museum/230983890530

The mansion offers tours Tuesday through Friday at 1 PM and 3 PM and Saturday and Sunday 1 PM, 2 PM and 3 PM which meet at the visitors center. Local floral businesses usually decorate the house for the holiday season. Holiday Open House, December 9, 7 - 9pm; Dec.10, 1 - 5pm; Dec. 11, 1 - 5pm..
Location:
Ellwood House Museum
509 North First Street, DeKalb, Illinois 60115
Phone: (815)756-4609

No comments:

Post a Comment