Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Some Inspiration from the Stars

Art Journal 52 2014. For the inspiration from the stars prompt page I wanted to look into space. A favorite web page I love to visit is Astronomy Picture of the Day http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/  Each day there is something interesting posted.  With the influence of the universe I did the background painting using acrylics. A few fun ready made silver star stickers were added.  The lyrics from Les Miserables entitled Stars written on an overlay completed the project,  Adding words to art is a difficult thing for me. Since I did not want to mess the surface of the painting I used the clear overlay with the lyrics written in gold paint. The effect was what I wanted. See both below.
The background painting with the stick-on stars above.
The final presentation with gold lettering.

What do you think?  I think I may do a larger painting with just a view into space. I welcome comments!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for comments on FB. I will have to see why they are not coming up here!

    ReplyDelete